6th Grade Science Camp
The Marin County Outdoor School The Marin County Outdoor School at Walker Creek Ranch is dedicated to helping elementary school teachers satisfy their educational goals through quality instruction within a special learning environment that inspires and motivates students to achieve an appreciation of the natural world. Using principles of thematic instruction, the Outdoor School enhances a student’s critical thinking, processing, and socialization skills.
- October 1-5, 2018 – Trip Dates (Monday – Friday)
- Informational Meeting for Parents/Students – Tuesday, September 18th 1:30- 2:20 PM
- Last day for all payments - Monday, September 24th
- Trip cost – $450 per student. Must be paid in full prior to departure. Last day for all types of payment is September 24th. You can also pay for Science Camp with PayPal or credit. See below to pay.
- Walker Creek packet 2018 – required for all participants. Must be signed by a physician if ANY medications are to be administered, including over-the-counter (OTC) medications , such as pain relievers or antihistamines. This packet distributed at Back to School Night. Packet includes:
- RUSD Field Trip Medical Authorization Form for Prescription and Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medicine- parent & physician signatures if you are giving consent to administer OTC medication
- Marin County Outdoor School Registration and Health Form- parent signatures needed
- Marin County Outdoor School Authorization to Adminster Medication- parent and physician signatures
- Dietary Information- only if applicable
- Behavioral Contract – required for all parent & student signatures
- Walker Creek Ranch Souvenir Order Form – only if interested
- Travel Emergency Care- required of all students with parent signature
- Parent Information packet – This packet will provide some basic information about the Walker Creek Ranch program to assist you in preparing for the Outdoor School experience.
- Walker Creek Schedule and Packing List – This is an overview of the schedule of a typical day at the Outdoor School and list of things to bring.
- Link to Walker Creek Presentation
- Video about the Walker Creek Ranch Trip
About Walker Creek Ranch Walker Creek Ranch is located on 1,741 acres in pristine West Marin County about one hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge and is blessed with diverse habitat and an abundance of wildlife. It is an ideal venue for an outdoor school, conference center and summer camp. Every Fall and Winter the Outdoor School hosts an Open House for parents and teachers, and PTA members at Walker Creek Ranch. These are great opportunities to learn more about the program and site in preparation for your student’s visit. Please call us at (415) 491-6602 for further information. Fall open house at Walker Creek Ranch for Teachers and Parents – Check Walker Creek website for details Directions to Walker Creek. Walker Creek Ranch is located at 1700 Marshall-Petaluma Road, about 14 miles South West of Petaluma, and 14 miles North West of Novato. If you are coming from along the coast, the Ranch is about five miles East of the town of Marshall, a small town on Tomales Bay. Walker Creek Ranch Site Map View Google Map
- Trip cost – $450 per student. Must be paid in full prior to departure. Last day for all types of payment is September 24th. You can also pay for Science Camp with PayPal or credit. Click the button below to pay online.